Saturday, August 8, 2009

New Diet is Un-knowingly Approved by My Doctor!

I was in for my regular OB appointment the other day, and my doctor was very, very pleased and mentioned my weight-gain specifically. "It hasn't been bad all along, but it was absolutely perfect this time. Whatever you're doing, keep it up." I felt a surge of joy. Apparently, when you're not pregnant, you can expect to drop anywhere from 10-20 pounds on this diet if you're overweight, or gain weight if you're underweight. It's designed to maintain you at your optimum weight. I haven't lost any weight since starting the diet, but my weight gain has been much slower, which is good.
I had been hovering right at the tip-top of the "normal" weight for my height ever since my first pregnancy, and have not been able to successfully lose a single pound that I gained. I'm determined to be healthier this pregnancy and lose my excess weight (the correct way!) once the baby is born. What a thrill it was to hear that I am on the right track. I knew I had to be, because my body is giving me all the signals that it is healing from the stress of the last year, but it was great to get a thumbs up from the doctor just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment