Saturday, June 12, 2010

On My Bookshelf

As always, I have too many books going at once. Amazon is the only store where I make any regular purchases, except for maybe the grocery store. I wish that I could write a review of each book that I read, but I simply don't have time, so here's a list of books currently laying around my house with creases in the spines:

Homeschool Topics:
A Charlotte Mason Companion
Top 100 Picks for Homeschool Curriculum
The Well-Adjusted Child

Toddler/Prescool Activities:
The Toddler's Busy Book
Look What You Can Make with Paper Plates
The Yoga Zoo Adventure
Before Five in a Row

Food/Nutrition:
Devil in the Milk
Real Food
The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood

Breastfeeding:
Mother Food
The Imunobiology of Human Milk
The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers

Gardening:
Square Foot Gardening

It's ridiculous,  I know. I have a problem. But that's not as ridiculous as the books waiting to be read:

The Baby Bond
Infant Massage
The Winter Harvest Handbook
The New Organic Grower
Four-Season Harvest
Gardening When it Counts
The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control
Pottenger's Cats
Wild Fermentation
Preserving Food without Canning of Freezing
Better Late than Early
What's Going On In There?
The River Cottage Family cookbook
Nutrition and Physical Degernation
Home Learning Year-by-Year
Help for the Harried Home Schooler
Bringing Up Boys

As I said: I have a problem.


Can I just say that Amazon Marketplace rocks! It has led me to discover a new love of mine: used books! The more written in and underlined, the better I think! I love the charm and character of a used book. It is like a glimpse into the life an unknown friend, and we're somehow connected by our interest in the same book. The fact that I can usually find used books for pennies is a happy bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment