Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Favorite....Easter Baskets!


 How cute are these Easter baskets? I ordered these from PotterBarnKids.com and had them personalized. I actually purchased the green/yellow basket on the far left for my oldest daughter her first Easter. I tried to go back and buy another one in 2009 for my second daughter, but Pottery Barn Kids didn't offer these soft baskets! Needless to say, I was thrilled when I looked this year and they had brought them back. I went ahead and ordered the blue one for my little baby boy. He'll only be 4 months at Easter this year, but I didn't want to take a chance that Pottery Barn Kids wouldn't offer them next year.

These soft basket are my favorites for a couple of reasons. First, they are sooooo cute! Second, I feel that they are much better for toddlers than the traditional woven basket. For one thing, they are easier to hold and carry. For another, they can take way more damage. If you step on a woven basket or bang it around, that's it! It's ruined. If you chew on a woven basket, it is forever imprinted with bite marks, not to mention the danger of splinters! R actually trudged her basket through the mud, and while I don't know if these baskets are technically machine washable, I washed the green one and it came out with minimal wear, still holds its shape, and still looks fine.

Another reason I love these particular baskets, is that while they are more appropriate for toddlers and preschoolers, they will grow up with the kids and not be "baby-ish" the way that the chick- or bunny-shaped ones will be. Especially for a little boy. A ten-year-old boy will probably still want to hunt Easter eggs (for candy and money!), but he'd probably rather not have a basket shaped like a bunny. Unless it's a bunny with sharp, pointy teeth. But I'm not letting him watch Monty Python until he's 13, and besides, it would scare the small children.

I'm very excited about Easter this year. It was never a big holiday in my family (we were more into the true meaning than the pagan rituals), but I always did love a good egg hunt, and I think this will be the year for M to really get the concept. Should be lots of fun!

UPDATE: I just looked at the Pottery Barn Kids website, and it says the pink basket is no longer available! I just ordered mine last Tuesday. Whew! I'm glad I got it when I did!

4 comments:

  1. HA! I love that you give reasons to like the baskets -- I'd just go with the they're super cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm sure Elliot will appreciate you choosing a blue basket for him instead of another pink one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so darn cute! I may have to order one for Lee as well! It is so cute! I think I'll ask Paula if she can make one first - I've really been on a "craft" kick lately...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I'm sure Paula could make one in ten minutes!
    Dana, LOL! I do tend to get a little over-zealous in my enthusiasm! That's why I like blogging: I can share all the minutia of my mind without boring people in a conversation!

    ReplyDelete