Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Favorite Things This Week

Einstein Never Used Flashcards: It's not anti-flashcard, but it is anti-fad-based-parenting. Lots of great info on how babies' brains develop, how they really learn, and how achievement-oriented parenting got sidetracked by political agendas and scientific sound-bites.

Creme Fraiche: less sour and lighter than sour cream, I can't believe I was 25 before my first creme fraiche experience. I dollop it over fresh berries with a sprinkle of unrefined sugar. Oo-la-la!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: Heartwarming, touching, and just downright funny, this book provides a constant stream of chuckles punctuated with a few good belly-laughs in just the right places. The beautiful story explores the power of literature during a time of great stress.

Confessions of a Shopaholic, the movie
: Isla Fischer is downright adorable. While it's 100% fluff, it's refreshing to watch a movie that is totally CLEAN. Makes me want to read the book.

After-Sun Replenishing Gel by Mary Kay: the sun is brutal here in the summer, and this cool blue gel is such a treat! Almost totally botanicals and not at all greasy, I use it on my girls after intense sessions on the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment