Saturday, August 22, 2009

Most Adorable Seed and Garden Company Website


I recently found the most adorable website and online catalog for heirloom and/or unusual garden seeds, Renee's Garden. Renee's Garden is located in Northern CA, and I vaguely remember once buying a packet of sunflower seeds, "Musicbox", for my oldest daughter's "Farmer-themed" second birthday party (the toddlers each got to plant a seed in a mini clay pot and take it home as a gift). This website is choc-full of gardening tips, articles, recipes (they have two cookbooks), and pictures, and even has a blog! What I love about the seed catalog is that they carry varieties with the kitchen and container gardener in mind, making these seeds much more approachable to beginners like me. I found each variety to have a good description, as well handy growing tips, and a pretty illustration (we'll see if my results yield anything close to the pictures!). I also LOVE that they mark each seed variety that attracts bees, hummingbirds, or butterflies, and whether or not it is recommended for containers. And the best part--they are currently having a sale! You can go to their blog, here, to get the sale code to enter at checkout, as well as how long the sale is running. Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment