Monday, August 31, 2009

We Love Pocoyo!



Pocoyo is an adorable children's animated tv show, although you're probably not familiar with it here in the U.S. Pocoyo is produced in Spain (in Barcelona, I think), but it is also dubbed in English. It's just that it is only broadcast in Europe. However, you can order the DVDs online.

Pocoyo is an absolute favorite of both my girls, and me, too! It's one of the few videos that I actually let them watch (do not even get me started on the crappy American cartoons they broadcast here. And the only thing worse than the quality of Dora the Explorer are the commercials they broadcast. Ok, rant over). I find Pocoyo to be the highest quality. There are actually valuable lessons being taught, like in the episode I posted here, Don't Touch! It is done in a way that is very approachable to kids, and despite all the silliness, it's not silly. Nothing is "dumbed down". Stephen Fry is an excellent narrator, and I love the way the narrator explains things so clearly, but not in a belittling way. I can't really think of  a single complaint I have about this show. I feel that its simplicity is what makes it so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment